Monday 7 March 2016

My First Blog Post



Hi my name is Siobhan and I am 9. On this blog I will be updating once a week on what I think is good art. Also I’ll be giving you links to fun activities for you to try at home. For example, I really like this one.
I’ll also be putting up funny facts about myself. For example, I don’t like to spell😒. Let’s begin.

On Sunday my mum and I went up to Sydney for the very first Kids Committee at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA). It is where kids and their families get together to talk about ways to make the MCA more kid friendly. Although I already really like going there. I especially like the exhibition which is on now about an artist called Grayson Perry (Note from mum: Perry’s subject matter can be very adult but there’s a lot that is suitable for kids and his art is great). 

Thanks, mum. Anyway, back to me.

Grayson’s artwork I like the best is Baba Yaga’s Hut (1983).



The reason I like it is because he made it all out of stuff he found around the back of his home (he lived in London at the time) and in the activity sheet they give out at the exhibition it suggests you make your own. So we did exactly that.


Baba Yaga Hut (2016)
Inside our Baba Yaga Hut (2016)

That’s all from me folks, next time I’ll show you how we made our Baba Yaga hut. Till then, S.

No comments:

Post a Comment